Office spaces are set up so that you require little movement to get the work done, making it easy to gain weight. Besides increasing weight, it also increases the strain on your back, wrists, eyes and neck because of the desk job that you do.Stress is another disadvantage of office work. To fight the effects of the 9-to-6 routine, it’s very important to exercise. But when can you find the time for it? Hence Workplace workouts can help you make the most benefit of your limited hours. You can use the few minutes you have between deadlines and learn to exercise while on the job. A little exercise improves your concentration and actually makes you more productive because it makes you feel fresh.
Feet and Legs
- Lift your toes while keeping your heels on the ground.
- Stand in front of a desk and raise your heels of the floor and slowly lower them.
- While sitting in your chair, lift your right foot a few inches off of the floor. Keep your knee bent at a 90 degree angle and hold the position for a few minutes
- While sitting in your chair, extend your right leg until it is level with your hip. Hold for a few minute and then relax it. Repeat with the other leg.
Hands and Arms
- Raise your shoulder to your ear, hold for a few seconds and then relax.
- Stretch your arm out in front of you with the palm facing up. With your other hand, grab your fingers and lightly pull them down to stretch your forearm.
- Lean on sturdy furniture and slowly push your body off of it in a sort of standing push up.
- Use a full water bottle as weight to increase the intensity of your work out. You can do front raises, overhead presses and bicep curls with a water bottle.
- Sit up straight in your chair and place your right arm behind your right hip. Twist to the right and hold for a few seconds. Repeat this for the other side as well.
- Cross your arms over your chest and sit up straight. Tense your abdominal muscles and curl your shoulders towards your hips. Hold for a few seconds.
- Drop your chin and roll your neck. Raise your chin up and bend your neck to each side.